Hey there! 👋
We are a fast-growing B2B SaaS company looking for a mid-level / experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to help build out our SaaS product.
You can read about our app on the Shopify app store. We provide real-time reporting to ecommerce shop owners. To give you a sense of scale - we collect data on millions of orders per day from many ecommerce stores and process many millions of background jobs to be able to deliver quality lifetime value reports to our customers.
We're looking to add a great RoR developer to our existing team.
🔍 We are looking for someone who: 🔍
- has worked on and had to support a web app in production for at least 2 years
- has a track record of shipping web apps preferably in Ruby on Rails in the last 4+ years
- has experience with a relational database and is good at SQL
- can handle occasional frontend and a bunch of backend work
- humble, can mentor others, both provide and receive direction and is always willing to share what they learn
- overlaps with EST or CET zone at least 5 hours ( prefer America / Europe / Africa )
🔨 What you will do: 🔨
- add new e-commerce related reports to help our customers grow their business
- build new integrations with external data sources we use to augment our reports
- optimize our existing backend processing jobs
- contribute to our new predictive algorithms and machine learning processes
☘️ Where we are and how we work: ☘️
- We are a distributed team currently covering 4 continents - North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia - but our development is happening in the US and Europe
- We are used to async communication over Slack but also have regular weekly meetings to sync up.
- We optimize new features for the long term. For us, this is not a sprint but a marathon.
🌎 Location 🌎
North & South America / Europe / Africa
(Sorry, currently we cannot hire in Asia even if you are able to work "our" timezone - it would not be healthy but hopefully we can expand there soon).
✍ How to apply ? ✍
Tell us about:
- The largest web app you worked on and at least one scaling issue you faced.
- A junior developer you mentored or worked with and how you helped with their work.
- The timezone you are in.
- The compensation you expect.